Fully Funded Studentship Available For October 2018June 7, 2018
We are currently inviting applications for a 3.5 year fully funded NERC DTP studentship to commence in October 2018. There are 5 potential projects on offer for this studentship, which are listed below. Potential applicants should review the projects below, and select just one to apply for, they should then follow the instructions on our how to apply page.
Please note that as this studentship is NERC funded, eligibility is for UK citizens or EU nationals who have been resident in the UK for 3 years immediately preceding the commencement of the PhD.
The application deadline is 5pm on Friday 6th July
Interviews will take place on Friday 20th July
- CASE Employing artificial intelligence & machine learning to optimise flood control for 21st Century cities (Prof Onno Bokhove, School of Mathematics)
- CASE Using deep machine learning for adaptation of food production to climate change (Prof Andy Challinor, School of Earth and Environment)
- Fans of machine learning: Deep-water distributive systems as ideal environments to test AI approaches to identification of subsurface depositional architecture (Prof David Hodgson, School of Earth and Environment)
- CASE Using deep learning to unwrap surface deformation measurements from spaceborne radar interferometry (InSAR). (Prof Andy Hooper, School of Earth and Environment)
- CASE Using AI to identify risks to infrastructure in UK high-resolution deformation data. (Prof Tim Wright, School of Earth and Environment)