Research Experience Placements (REP)
We are pleased to announce that NERC have awarded our DTP 3 REP placements to be completed over the summer period of 2018. REP placements give undergraduate students a taster of what it's like to be a postgraduate researcher. Successful candidates will be paid £200 per week for up to 10 weeks and receive a £500 training grant.
Potential projects will be advertised below as they become avaiblable, so please check back regularly.
Students are able to apply for projects as soon as they are advertised and the application deadline is 5pm on Friday 11th May 2018.
To apply, first check the eligibility requirements below, and then complete a REP application Form and send it by email, together with a CV and supporting documents (degree transcripts), to email@example.com
School of Biology, University of Leeds
School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds
- What does the pallasite meteorite “Fukang” tell us about core-mantle interaction in Earth-like planets? (Dr Jason Harvey, Dr Chris Davies and Dr Andrew Walker)
- Near Real Time Sea Ice Data Mapping (Dr Anna Hogg and Prof Andy Shepherd)
School of Chemistry, University of Leeds
School of Geography, University of Leeds
Department of Chemistry, University of York
Eligibility of students
The student must:
- Be studying for a degree in a quantitative discipline outside of NERC's scientific remit (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computing, engineering, physics)
- Be undertaking the placement in a different department to their undergraduate degree
- Be undertaking their first undergraduate degree (or integrated Masters)
- Be expected to obtain a first or upper second class UK honours degree
- Be eligible for subsequent NERC PhD funding (UK, EU or right to remain in the UK)